Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why must blowouts always follow baths??

Post Green Beans... Katie has to be quiet and still while Emily is eating because Emily would much rather pay attention to her then the spoon!
It started after I gave Emily a really thorough bath.  She has a touch of cradle cap so I had been putting the special oily stuff on her head throughout the day and then every time I fed her a bottle I would just have her little baby brush and gently rub it on her head loosening up the "gunk".  Then when I gave her a bath I got behind her ears and washed her hair twice (what little there is of it).  Washed her body down twice.  All nice and fresh and clean.   Just a really good washing.

She was acting hungry and it wasn't time for a bottle yet so I decided what the heck.  Let's feed her green beans.  After the first couple bites (she was expecting rice cereal), she really got into them.  She even started to grunt at me if I wasn't fast enough with the spoon.  There was the usual give and take involved with her spoon eating...1 spoonful in, 1/2 a spoonful back, shovel that back in with another spoonful, wipe and repeat until jar empty.  Didn't have her in her pj's yet so no big deal.  She had a bib on...she was even nice enough not to blow raspberries.

She thinks blowing raspberries with a mouthful of food is HILARIOUS.

It is pretty darn cute.

But don't tell her I said so!

So I get her all cleaned up from eating green beans and we play and take some pictures.  A little bit of cleaning up to do.  Then as I am getting Katie's dinner ready Emily starts to fuss.

I assumed she was getting hungry for her bottle & fussing to be sure I knew.

I hate being wrong.

I get Katie settled and go to pick up Emily and change her into her pj's and give her her final bottle for the evening.  With a glance I make a mental note that she's drooled the collar around her onsie to death.

Then I pick her up... Instantly I realize that my hands around her waste are wet.  How did drool get down there?  *sniff sniff* That's.... not... drool.

I would love to know the law that says blowouts must always follow baths?!?

I have decided that the silver lining is that she did it before I put her into her pajamas.  Mighty considerate of her. 

Remind me to thank her later....

No comments:

Post a Comment